Sunday, August 22, 2010

Co-Op Produce: Which do you use?


My neice turned 10 yesterday!  She's my oldest, by more than 4 years.  She's always been my girl, I love her to death!  On the way to her birthday party today I saw a sign for a new produce site: ILikeItFresh.com.  So I had to check it out.  When I did, it took me over to Click-2-Pick.com.  There wasn't a location very close to me, (I'm loving Bountiful Baskets because I can literally pick it up in my back yard) and I don't feel like I'm getting a very good deal on my produce if I have to drive 30 minutes to get it.
But I wanted to ask you:

Where do you get your produce?  Do you feel like you're getting a good deal?
Have you tried some of these Co-Ops?  What do you like/dislike about them?

Right now I am loving that I can literally go pick my breakfast off my fruit trees (apples and peaches), lunch from my tomato plants (tomato sandwiches) and dinner out of my garden (salsa and squash). Yes, we are semi-vegetarian at my house, meaning we eat meat less than once a week, so this is my favorite food season of the year.

When we're not in harvest season I rely on Co-Ops for the majority of my grocery shopping.  The ones I have tried and loved are Bountiful Baskets and Green Bee Produce.

I would love to hear what you think about these Co-Ops, and please let me know if there are others out there that you love!


1 comment:

  1. I don't have them close enough to me to use - but I would love it if they did! I wish I had a little bit bigger back yard so I could plant a garden to have some fresh fruit. Currently I buy from Alberstons and it seems like the couple days my fruit has gone bad. :(

    ReplyDelete