Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Makin' Today Fabulous - Chicken Salad Sailboats

I have some of the pickiest eaters at my house!  Meal time can be such a challenge!  I try to feed my family healthy foods, but it doesn't always go over so well.
So after needing a change in our normal lunch routine, I decided to try something new.  I made a quick and easy chicken salad out of chicken, celery, grapes and miracle whip, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.  Then I scooped it up on top of whole wheat English muffins and topped it off with a tortilla chip for a sail.  Then I decorated the plate with a few goldfish crackers.
My kids were so excited to eat lunch today!

After they gobbled up their sailboats they munched on some gummy sharks for desert.  Yummy!
I've found that meal time really goes so much smoother if I put a little more effort into it.  Even though the food I served was healthier than a traditional peanut butter sandwich, the kids still ate it up and were so much happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment