Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween Fun

There are so many fun events going on this month, I just wish I had more time to do them all!  I really think we should start celebrating Halloween at the first of September just to be sure we can fit in all of the fun things going on! :)
If you're looking for some fun things to do this month, let me share with you my top picks.

*Frightmares at Lagoon - We have already been 3 times this season and we have a blast each time we go!  I thought my kids would be sick of it by now, but we're all still loving it!  The kids love Spook-a-Boo, a cute little trick-or-treat house where the kids meet fantasy characters that give them treats and prizes.  They also love Scary and Crow's Corn Maze.  Just like Spook-a-Boo, the kids get to meet fun characters that give them prizes and treats.  What's not to like?  I've only brought my kids to one of the haunted houses, Psycho Dave's Junk Yard.  It's less scary to the kids than the Terror Ride or Dracula's Castle.  Plus you can use this coupon to get in on Fridays or Sundays for only $32 each!

*Haunted Dinosaur Park - This event has topped our October Things-to-do list for the past 3 years!  The kids love trick-or-treating around the spooky dinosaur park at night.  But the highlight has always been the costume contest!  My kids have been lucky enough to win twice, and the prizes are fabulous!  For more information head on over here.  Save $2.00 off the price of admission when you bring a carved pumpkin for their display!

*The Enchanted Woods at Treehouse - We skipped a couple of years on this one because the kids were a little too young for it last time, but we are excited to give it another try this year!  Bring your kids in costumes to the Treehouse and let them listen to stories told by some of their favorite characters in costume, and then they'll get a treat or prize from them!  If you have kids younger than 4, or don't think your kids 6 and under will sit still long enough for this one, check out their new Step Into the Woods for kids 6 and under.  The same characters will be there and the kids will get treats at the end, but they will be able to go at their own pace and explore the museum instead of staying with a group.  I think my kids would have done much better with this one last time we came! Check it out here.

*Black Island Farms - This is something new to us this year.  So many people have said it's a must do that we added it to our list and can't wait to try it out!  Check it out before you go, it looks like so much fun and so much to do!  Be sure to print your $1.00 off coupons here before you go.

*Garden After Dark at Red Butte Gardens - This is another that we haven't done yet, but we have our tickets and are so excited to go this year!  Check out all the fun things they have here!  I grabbed my tickets through Groupon, but I'm sorry to say I didn't see it until it was too late to post.  If I can find some other great deals on admission I will be sure to let you know.

*Kiddie Corn Maze at Cold Springs Trout Farm - We love to go to the Cold Springs Trout farm, even if we're not fishing we love their fun bowery for parties and this time of year their fun corn maze!  The kids love that the corn maze ends in a pumpkin patch where they each get to chose their own pumpkin or gourd to take home!  Head on over here for more information.

*Witchfest at Gardner Village - Each year we love to visit the adorable witches at Gardner Village.  I love to go to Witchapalooza, a dinner theater with such delicious food, fun music and a great show!  They also have breakfast with a witch if you want to bring your kids!  For all of the fun events going on this month at Gardner Village, check this out.

With school, community, church, friend and family Halloween parties added in, this month is going to fly by with so many fun things to do! 
Do you know of any other top of Utah Halloween must-do's?  I'm always up for trying new fun family activities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment