Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Makin' Today Fabulous: Lady Bug Summer Learning Idea

In the past I've always been really good about doing a fun summer school for my kids so that they are continually learning even when not in school.  But this year has been so busy time has gotten away from us!  So today I decided I really needed to take time to do something educational (and fun!) with my daughter.  So I got out a Pom Pom Insect Kit by Martha Stewart that I bought and two of her favorite books, Ten Little Ladybugs and Discovery Toys Lady Bug's Lesson.  We made the cute little lady bug out of pom poms and then while the glue dried we read these stories to our lady bug.  So easy and so fun!  My 4-year-old put it together!

Bonus: Besides just being so dang cute, the Pom Pom Insect Kit by Martha Stewart is great for other learning ideas too!  The caterpillar is great for teaching about patterns and the dragon fly is great for teaching about sorting sizes!

1 comment: