Yesterday and today I have been busy making this black rose bouquet. I found some black roses in the Halloween section at Walmart, grabbed a vase, some black tissue paper, and some black ribbon and went to work. It would make a good center piece at a Halloween party, but I had something else in mind.
A present for my Mother-in-law's 50th birthday! Normally this bouquet should have taken a few minutes to throw together, but I had a project on my hands. I decided to ask every member of our family something they liked about her, including out of state in-laws. That was the hard part. Then I typed everyone's responses on white paper, cut those out, then glued them to black paper, and cut them out again. Then I used ribbon to tie the papers to the roses. Voila, a perfect 50th birthday present!
On a side note: have you joined Buzz Agent yet? I love doing it! They send you products to review, and then spread the word and report back on that! Well let me just say that this Buzz campaign has saved my life (well, at least a trip to the store) two times now. The first was when I was helping my son with his reflections project, and the second today when I was making this bouquet. I received an incredible box of scrapbook/craft supplies, including Elmer's Tape Runner. Since trying it, I am in love with it and use it on everything. I need to go buy some because I'm almost out and I don't know how I'll do my crafts without it now!
That is a cool flower bouquet!! Love the idea
ReplyDelete