Friday, October 8, 2010

Usborne Books on Sale at Amazon

I absolutely LOVE Usborne books.  I have more than I should ever admit to having, but they are such adorable books and my kids love them (maybe even more than I do!)  I believe it is so important to read to your kids, and to read lots!  I don't know about you, but it's hard for me to read the same book over and over and over again every day, so I love having lots to choose from, and then the books I love don't seem to get old!  I found a few on a good deal at Amazon, so I thought I'd share some of my favorites.  Most of these ship free with a $25 purchase!

Usborne Sparkly Touchy-feely Fairies (Usborne Sparkly Touchy Feely) for $10.87 is filled with fun things to touch and feel.  My 3-year-old little girl loves this book.  It makes a great quiet time activity because of all the things for her to touch and look out.  (List price on this is $15.99.)

Trucks (Usborne Touchy Feely) and Diggers (Usborne Touchy Feely) each for $10.87 are the same great quality as Usborne Sparkly Touchy-feely Fairies (Usborne Sparkly Touchy Feely) but they're geared more towards the boys.  Both are darling, my son loves them!

See Inside Your Body  on sale for $7.69 is a great tool to teach your kids how their bodies work!  With lots of lift-the-flaps and fun facts, your kids will love this educational book!

When my son was only 2 years old, he loved to "read" to me Shark in the Park (Usborne Phonics Readers).  He knew it by heart.  I love all of the Usborne Phonics Readers, but this one is my favorite.


Older kids will love the Big Book of Things to Spot (1001 Things to Spot) on sale for $10.39.  And you'll love the quiet time!

Just in time for Halloween, your kids will love Noisy Monsters (Busy Sounds Board Book) for $14.24.  I loved the books like this as a kid that I could push the buttons and hear the sounds that go along with the story.

Help introduce world cultures with food you can make with your kids using recipes from Usborne Internet-Linked Children's World Cookbook.  This one also links to the internet.  It's fun to talk about the country we're making food from!



I had to list The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia Of World History because it's on sale for only $26.39, list price of $39.99!  I bought this one for my husband, so it's not one for little kids, but I'm sure older ones would enjoy it.  This is a huge (think college text book) book filled with lots of information about the history of the world.  It is also linked to the internet for even more information!



And a few other favorites...
How High is the Sky? for $9.34 is definitely a favorite.  My kids both have this memorized!  It's about a cute little penguin who wants to know "How high is the sky?"  so he travels as high as he can with different friends until he realizes he misses his mom.  This book is fabulous for curious kids (but aren't they all?)

Marc Just Couldn't Sleep for $15.95 is my favorite bed time story to read to my kids.  Marc is afraid of everything a little kid can imagine.  His brave mom will do anything necessary to help him not to be afraid, including keeping watch on the roof top.  It's so cute!

I hope you enjoy reading these books as much as my kids and I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment