Friday, October 15, 2010

Makin' Today Fabulous: Watching a Classic Kids' Halloween Movie, With the Kids, Of Course ;)

My husband and I were talking about our favorite Halloween movies as a kid.  Of course It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown was on our list as well as some others, but we both agreed the one we liked best as a kid was The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, otherwise known as Ichabod Crane.  So we looked and looked for it and finally found it at Amazon listed as The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Disney Gold Classic Collection).  I was hoping it would come on TV, but I couldn't find it, so we ended up buying it from Amazon for $12.49.  I don't love the Mr. Toad part with it, but my kids laughed and laughed at Ichabod's part.  Really, it is pretty hilarious.  Oh, and as an added bonus, the DVD comes with the classic Mickey Mouse Lonesome Ghosts, too!  My kids were more afraid of that than they were of Sleepy Hollow and the Headless Horseman!  I guess it's just because of the way they make Ichabod out in the movie, you can't help but laugh.  So before Halloween comes, borrow it, rent it, or buy it, but if you haven't watched Sleepy Hollow with Ichabod Crane with your kids, you really should!

No comments:

Post a Comment