Today's Fabulous Family idea came from a blog I absolutely LOVE - Family Fun Fridays! I knew I wanted to do something special for my kids when they started back to school, but I've been so busy and haven't had a lot of extra time to plan something fun for them. That's when I found this Back to School Party post by Tara at Family Fun Fridays.
After reading her post I immediately clicked on Amazon where I bought The Kissing Hand (on sale now for $8.99 if you want your own copy) and began making plans for our own back to school party. We did our party last night, and unfortunately our cookies didn't turn out too well, we ended up doing circle cookies when the hands weren't turning out. We used a Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix. Party because we were trying to hurry, but mostly because my son needed the box top on the bottom of the bag for school today! ;) If we did this party over we would make our own cookie dough and I think they would have turned out better.
We ate our Kissing Hand cookies and read The Kissing Hand
and told each other "I love you." Today my kids will each get a Kissing Hand sticker that came in the back of the book to take with them to school. I loved the book, especially for back to school, but I will also use it for other times when my kids need to do things and I can't be there. I think it really helped them to know that even when I'm not there I still love them and miss them. They both gave my hand a kiss after reading the story, it was so sweet!
Check out Tara's post here for her great party she did with this, and much better pictures.

I am glad that you enjoyed the book! We love that one!
ReplyDelete