Today's idea to make your family (and mine!) more fabulous is an easy one, no prep time, all you need is at least a half hour of your time and some upbeat kid-friendly tunes.
Every parent has noticed how much energy their kids have! Today, try to grab some of it for yourself! I started thinking that there was no way I was going to get a work out in today until I had the idea that the kids were going to be the work out! They were playing around like they do all the time, jumping around, and of course my little girl was singing as she always is. So I ran and grabbed my little boy's CD player that already had a kid CD in it and turned the music way up! Then we danced around and took turns being the leader and having the others follow our moves. I grabbed some hand weights for added measure, but you don't have to. We really had such a great time! My kids were thrilled that I was dancing around acting silly with them and I was thrilled that I was actually a little sore after our "work out."
So today I challenge you to get active with your kids. You may just find (like I did) that their energy can be contagious!
No comments:
Post a Comment