I've been posting a lot of fun activities to do with your kids this summer, but let's not forget to plan some great learning opportunities that will be a big hit too!
Buy.com has a great Venus Fly Trap on sale right now for only $19.99 shipped. This would be a fun activity with your kids, and I'd love to have one in my house come September when all the flies are out too! ;)
Amazon has the Insect Lore Live Butterfly Garden for only $14.87 that would be great to show your kids the life stages of butterflies. My little girl will be getting this for her birthday this summer. I'm sure we're all going to have so much fun with this!
Another one I think would be great to get is the Planet Frog Live Frog Habitat Kit, also from Amazon and only $21.26.
Teaching your kids about science can be as easy (and FREE!) as going for a nature walk. We're starting this week with making leaf observation booklets. We're finding different leaves in our yard and in the park, then taking them home and doing leaf rubbings and describing the leaves we've found. We'll do this again later in the summer and compare things like color and size of the leaves. Then we'll do it again in the fall when the leaves are falling off the trees. This little project won't cost us anything more than the paper we use.
What science activities are you doing with your kids this summer?

No comments:
Post a Comment